Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Further proof of BAMF-ness

Yesterday I stepped out onto my balcony in the morning before work, drinking a cup of tea and feeling out the weather for the day. "Wow, it feels kind of hot today," I thought--but then again, it's at least 80 every day, so this is nothing new. I put on khakis and a V-neck cotton sweater, and headed off to work on the shaded side of the street. A little swack when I arrived at the office, but nothing major--but then again, no one gives that a second glance here. Happens to the best of us.

It wasn't until I stepped outside around 8pm and was hit with a wall of hot air that I began to really think about the weather--it normally cools off around 5pm or so.

We checked the forecast online-- 100 degrees today in Cairo. Yep, and I wore a sweater, no problem. What now, Egypt? I can take you. 

No comments: