Thursday, December 11, 2008

In which Alissa apologizes for being unbearably dull for the past 4 days.

Gentle Readers.

I am not dead. Just scrambling to meet deadlines before I touchdown in snowy and anarchical O'Hare airport in 10 days. I'll be back, and with tales to tell of nibbling sheep hooves, gulping down chitlins, and sidestepping ritual animal sacrifices in the street. 

In the meantime, when an Egyptian man tries to make you eat fig cookies out of his hand while touching your thigh and telling you that you're beautiful, it's probably time to break your solemn vow to pacifism.  

Lessons learned from Egypt this week.

Until my last application is submitted... be well, my readers.

1 comment:

LeBlonde Princess said...

Atta girl...give him a black eye! Seriously, I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip home. I know your family will be go glad to give you lots of hugs (and FOOD!)